Do you know what is TDR term in Indian railway. I am sure you often here only the term TTR, wondering what is TDR. Then you must read this article to save your money while you cancel the train tickets online.
What TDR Means |IRCTC TDR Railway Rules|TDR Filing
What is TDR?
TDR expansion is Ticket Deposit Receipt. It can be only filed online through Indian Railway IRCTC Website. You may also checkout the genreal train ticket cancellation charges
When TDR can be Filed?
Ticket Deposit Receipt can be submitted to claim refund , if customer was not able to perform the journey due to any /or the following reasons which are given below. Also if you need to cancel the ticket after chart preparation you need to file TDR online for the ticket and we can do TDR filing online through IRCTC website.
TDR Filing Submitted in Online for the following below Reasons:
- If Indian Railway has cancelled the train due to Flood or for other reasons
- If your train is running late by more than three hours
- AC Failure in your coach or Compartment
- Travelled without proper Identity(ID) Proof
- Wrongly charged by TTE for any meaning less reasons
- Partly / Partially travelled (i.e.) You may get down at some other station if you are not feeling well
- Difference in Fare
- Proper coach or Compartment not attached
- The Refund for TDR Filing will be processed as per the Indian Railway Rules
- The TDR Should be filed within 30 days of departure of train. We personally request you to do TDR Filing in 2 hours from the time the train has departed. so that it will be very easy to get the amount as refund
- It will take at least 90 days or more for the refund process
- After Reservation chart Preparation the e-ticket refund can be filed online.
- No refund of fare shall be permissible on e-ticket having confirmed reservation in case the request for refund is filed online after two hours of the actual departure of the train.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on RAC e-tickets in case the request for refund is filed online after three hours of the actual departure of the train.
- For I-Ticket, there is no online refund request. For those I-Tickets , You need to surrender your I-ticket to the station Master and get a ticket Deposit Receipt. Now you need to send that to the following below address with the original copy of TDR. Address is given below
Address : GGM/IT, Indian Railway Catering & Tourism, Corporation Ltd., Internet Ticketing Center, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110 055.
- Now IRCTC the Railway Administration will process the refund, which will be credited automatically to your account. The time taken for refund may require 90 days or more for processing
How to do TDR Filing?
Want to file TDR for your train tickets then check out steps & procedure on how to file TDR online in IRCTC Website for both passengers & agents
Track TDR Process & Status Online:
Did you filed TDR? Do you want to track the Status of the existing filed TDR ? Checkout the steps to track the status of Filed TDR online on IRCTC website.