Tatkal Cancellation Charges for booked & waiting list train tickets are revised. Will you often plan the trip immediately and reserve tatkal train ticket for going home? Then you must be book & Cancel tatkal railway train ticket often. If so you must read the updated tatkal cancellation rules & the refund amount. Here is an ultimate guide on “IRCTC tatkal Cancellation Charges & refund rules”.
Tatkal Cancellation Charges for Train Tickets:
Tatkal tickets are generally booked before the day of the journey. You can’t book the tatkal reserved train tickets during the Advance reservation period. Tatkal train tickets are tough to book because most of the people will be accessing Indian railways portal (IRCTC) at the same time and will try to book at the same time. So it will like a battle field where each person will fight like anything to book their tatkal ticket.
The timings of tatkal ticket reservation have been changed. If you want to check out the updated tatkal train ticket booking then checkout “Tatkal Booking Timings”. Want to know how to book tatkal train ticket faster online in IRCTC, then checkout the ultimate guide on “How to book Tatkal train ticket faster”.
Tatkal train ticket is very difficult to book. So before cancelling the ticket make sure that you are not travelling in the train that you have reserved. Because once you have booked the tatkal, while cancelling the cancellation charges will be higher than usual cancellation of Normal cancellation of railway ticket. During Normal cancellation of train ticket then the cancellation chares are low at least you will get some amount that will be refunded to your bank account after cancelling the ticket. But when you cancel the confirmed tatkal ticket, your cancellation amount is 100 %.
No refund for the confirmed tatkal tickets
If your tatkal tickets are not confirmed Please check out the cancellation charges for the tatkal ticket below
|Class of Tatkal Travel||Cancellation Charges & Cancellation Type|
|Sleeper Class (SL)||Full Refund||Rs 120|
|Second Sitting (2S)||Rs 60|
|Chair Car (CC)||Rs 180|
|AC Two Tier Sleeper (2A)||Rs 200|
|AC Three Tier Sleeper (3A)||Rs 180|
|AC Three Tier Economy||Rs 180|
|First class AC (1A)||Rs 240|
Tatkal Other Rules :
However, full refund of fare and tatkal charges will be granted on the tickets booked under Tatkal scheme in the following circumstances:-
- If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger & not the boarding point if the passenger’s journey originating point and boarding point are different.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In case of non attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the party has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in lower class, the passenger will be given refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.
Comment us if you have any clarification information on tatkal cancellation charges.