Ooty train is one of coolest train in India. Do you want to travel from Mettupalayam to Ooty in train? Are you not sure about the train timings from Mettupalayam to Ooty? Do you want to know how to book train to Ooty? Planned to visit Ooty by train. Are you confused which is nearest railway station near Ooty and where to buy train tickets for the train. Don’t worry we are here to help you.
Mettupalayam to Ooty Train Timings [Ooty Toy Train]
Before checking out Ooty train timings, we would like to tell you few basic details about Ooty. Ooty is one of the biggest hill station in India. To chill themselves & to enjoy the cool climate people usually come over there for every seasons. Ooty is also known as “Udhagamandalam” which is in Niligiri District.
Mettupalayam to Ooty Train Details:
- The train running between Mettupalayam to Ooty is called as “Ooty toy train”, which is also called as “Niligiri Mountain Railway Train”.
- You can book the Ooty toy train in Online. If you want to book Ooty toy train which is running between Mettupalayam to Ooty then check out the guide on how to book train from Mettupalayam to Ooty.
- Niligiri Mountain Toy train is a passenger train, so while traveling in that train you can enjoy to inspire through forests, moving through time, along the valleys and into the little dark winding tunnels, round the bends, up the gradients, through the glens, trees and birds. A whiff of mist, a myna’s trill, sunlight dances on yonder hill, whistling, chugging, fire, steam-clacking, moving into a dream Gorge, gorgeous, misty, foggy shrouded peaks, drizzles clothe the slopes.
- There is only one direct train to Ooty, which originates from Mettupalayam to Ooty.
- Since Niligiri Mountain Railway train is a passenger train. So it will have only very limited seats will be available in Ooty train
- The railway station code for Mettupalayam is “MTP” and Ooty railway station is “UAM’
There is no direct train from Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi to Ooty. So if you are planning to go Ooty by train, then you must go to Mettupalayam first, to catch the passenger which usually runs between Mettupalayam & Ooty. If you are from Chennai then you have direct train to reach Mettupalayam which is called as “Nilagiri (Blue Mountain) Express” and train number is “12671”. The Nilagiri Express starts from Chennai Central and travels via Arakkonam Junction, Katpadi Junction, Salem, Erode, Tiruppur, Coimbatore North, Coimbatore Main Junction and reaches Mettupalayam. If you from other places then check out the nearest railway stations for Mettupalayam which are given below
Nearest Airport to Ooty: Coimbatore
Ooty Railway Station & Nearest Railway station codes:
|Railway Station Name||IRCTC Code||Station Status||Country|
Train Details for Ooty Railway Station:
|Train No||Origin||Destination||Train Name|
You can also reach to Mettupalayam by bus/cab through the nearest places mentioned above. So now you have reached the Mettupalayam railway station. What should I want to do next to travel to Ooty? From Mettupalayam railway station you have to book Ooty toy train. It would be better to book it online because only limited seat will be available in the passenger of Ooty toy train. Mettupalayam to Ooty Train Timings will be displayed on the Mettupalayam & Ooty railway station. We have also given brief information on Mettupalayam to Ooty Train time for each station which are given below.
Mettupalayam to Ooty Train Timings:
Ooty to Mettupalayalam Train Timings:
If you travelling to Mettupalayam in other way, like through nearest railway station, bus/cab make sure you reaching at proper time. Since Mettupalayam to Ooty Train Timings are very strict, there is a chance for missing Mettupalayam to Ooty Train. If you want to know more about Ooty toy train then check out Niligiri Mountain Railway Train Details.