How to book full train coach for marriage ? Want to check out how to do the same? Have a decided to go for a tour in college or office (i.e.) with large group of people. Do you want to book the entire/full coach or train? Is it possible to do train coach booking ? Yes, it’s possible to do train coach booking. Follow the steps for reserving train coach for marriage.
Train Coach Booking for Marriage/Other Events – How to
FTR is a new service started by IRCTC which let you to book full train coaches or even whole train. I just want to write this article because last week my friend marriage happened. He loved a north Indian Girl and their marriage got fixed and we plan to celebrate their wedding over south India. Since the marriage function/event is happening in south India we were responsible for transport. When we checked the flight rates it was too high for our budget. So while we are discussing why can’t we book the tickets in train for marriage. Still we were confused because when we book the train ticket in online. Only four tickets can booked at a time. Also we are not sure that railway train tickets will be scattered across the train coaches. So I was searching for all these information for the train coach booking. And I wish to share the collected information on train coach booking for marriage so that it will be more helpful for the people like you.
The best way for booking the whole train coach would be FTR Services. It can be booked easily from online. Also you can book train coach offline. First let us see how to do train coach booking Online
Train Coach Booking Online:
First you need to register IRCTC FTR Service. Your Normal IRCTC login id is not applicable on this service. You have to register separately for this service. Before registering for the service make sure you got the PAN card Number because it is must for getting your FTR registration done.
Note : User Registration is on hold due to technical reasons
Follow the below steps to do new registration for FTR Service
Step #1: Click the link to Navigate to FTR Service Page (i.e.) Train Coaching Booking Page
Step #2: You will redirect to ftr registration page and where you need to fill the personal details. Pick the username. Also fill the personal details like Email Id, First name, last name, PAN card number, location, pin code, city, mobile number etc… Select party type choose ‘public’ and party subtype choose one of subtype choose one of India tourist, foreign tourist, or general, whichever is appropriate/ applicable to you.
Step #3: Click on ‘register’ again.
Step #4: You will get a confirmation message to your mobile phone and username will be automatically generated and sent to your email id.
Step #5: That’s it your registration process is done.
Step #6: Login with username & password. Provide booking type, journey details of caches & route. Now submit the request. The user will get reference number & registration amount to be paid.
Step #7 : Now the user has to pay the amount against the registration number to get FTR number
Step #8: Amount should be paid in 6 days including FTR request submit day. After 6 days FTR reference will be flushed
Train Coach Booking offline:
If you need to book train coach fully for marriages in offline then you must follow the below steps to do the same.
Step #1: For offline Train coach booking the user has to go to CBS (chief booking supervisor)/Station Master (SM) of the starting station (i.e.) Source railway station /Initiating railway station, and you need to provide composed application containing trip details for FTR Train coach booking.
Step #2: CBS will raise this in FTR framework. Also CBS will provide a generated slip to the user. The generated slip contains the reference number & the amount to pay by the user.
Step #3: Now the user with the slip he/she needs to go to the UTS counter and provide cash again the registration number
Step #4: After paying the amount, UTS counter will give you printed cash receipt with a FTR number in it.
Step #5: Now with the FTR number provided by UTS counter, he/she now again goes back to CBS and they can take printout of the details by giving the FTR Number.
Step #6: That’s it! You have booked train coach for marriage.
Train Coach booking Charges:
- The registration for this service can be done with both online on IRCTC as well as offline on UTS (Unreserved Ticket Service) counter.
- You can book entire train coach or a train
- Maximum 10 number of train coach can be booked
- Amount for booking of train coach up to 7 days of tour journey period is 50,000/- per coach. If you still want to extend your journey period an additional Rs.10,000 per day/per coach will be charged
- If you are booking whole train you can book maximum 24 coaches in FTR train including 2 sleepers which are mandatory
- The amount for booking of a train is minimum of Rs.900,000 with 18 coaches and up to 7 days of tour journey. Additional Rs 50,000/per coach will be added if you adding train coach
Note: The amount may vary/change in case of any revision by Indian Railways
Train coach Booking Details:
- Booking Period: FTR registration can be done maximum 6 months in advance and minimum 30 days prior to journey date.
- Refund process:In case of cancellation, either by party or by railway, refund will be processed as per existing manual process through Chief Commercial Manager (PM).
Terms & Conditions:
- Pilot for WR:Online booking of FTR is on pilot basis and currently booking is allowed for journey starting from stations of Western Railway only.
- Booking period:FTR registration can be done maximum 6 months in advance and minimum 30 days prior to journey date.
- Payment realization:Party will provide the booking type, journey details of coaches, and route. After submission of the request, party will get a reference number and registration amount to be paid. Party will pay the registration amount against provided reference number to get FTR number. Payment of registration amount must be received within 6 days (including FTR request submit day). After 6 days, FTR Reference Number will be flushed and party will be required to follow the above mentioned process again to book coach/train.
- Refund process:In case of cancellation, either by party or by Railway, refund will be processed as per existing manual process through Chief Commercial Manager (PM) of the concerned Railway.
- Permissible number of coaches:
- Coach Booking: arty can book maximum 10 numbers of coaches on FTR in a single train in one tour programme.
- Train Booking: P arty can book maximum 24 coaches in FTR train including 2 SLR coaches as mandatory.
- Registration Amount:
- Coach Booking: Registration amount for booking of a coach up to 7 days of tour journey period is Rs. 50, 000/- per coach. Beyond 7 days of tour journey period, additional Rs. 10, 000/- per day/per coach will be payable and added in the registration amount.
- Train Booking: Registration amount for booking of a train, for minimum of 18 coaches (including minimum two SLR coaches) and up to 7 days of tour journey period is Rs. 9,00,000/-. Beyond 18 passenger coaches, additional Rs. 50,000/- per coach will be added in the registration amount. For tour period beyond 7 days, additional Rs. 10, 000/- per day per coach will be added in registration amount.
- Even for booking of a train with less than 18 coaches, registration amount for 18 coaches as minimum will be charged.
- The above amount may change in case of any revision by Ministry of Railways from time to time.
- Registration of coaches/trains does not guarantee allotment of coaches/trains. This will be subject to the operational feasibility and availability of coaches.
We have booked train coaches for my friend marriage with same procedure on offline. If you got any doubts feel free to contact us through comments. We will revert to your queries as soon as possible