How to Parcel bike in Train across India ? Find process/steps to transport bike by Train and information on Bike Parcel Charges & documents Required for bike Parcel. Do you want to know how to transport bike by Train in India? Are you looking or searching the best way to do bike parcel ? Want transport motor bike to the destination place faster ? Does it can be done faster through Indian railway? Is it possible to do motor cycle shifting or transferring through railway transport? How much it will cost to do bike parcel? Is the motor bike parcel charges is based on the distance that it travels in train? Do you have these questions, if so the you are at the right place. Here you can find the answers for the same in the below article.
How to transport Bike in train – Parcel Bike:
In former, you can take the motor bike by Indian train or in special trains along with you on the same train. But now the process has been changed entirely (i.e.) But now there is separate team of railway authorities will decide which train that the bike should travel. There are actually two ways to transport bike in train across India. The two different ways to do bike parcel. Those Bike Parcel details are given below in detail
Before transporting Vehicle make sure you got all the proper documents for the bike (i.e.) bike’s registration certificate, insurance photocopied etc… Because you need to submit these documents for doing bike transport in train. Also make sure to empty the petrol tank of your motorcycle if it is being transported by any long-distance train on the Central or Western Railway.
Before booking we would recommend you to Check out the below articles to transport bike by Train
- Bike Parcel Charges Or Bike Transportation charges in Train
- How to Collect Bike Parcel in Train at Destination
- Train Bike Parcel offices
- Documents Required or Mandatory Documents required for bike Parcel or to transport in India
- Other FAQ: Recent FAQ on Bike Parcel in Train
Steps to book as bike Parcel
If you want your motor cycle or bike to be booked as bike parcel, then follow the steps given below.
Step #1: A day before go to the bike Parcel office with your bike that you need to transport from source to destination. So that it will reach you as soon as possible. Bike Parcel office usually located at the back of the railway reservation Counters
Step #2 Find out the bike parcel charges that has been and expected time of delivery/arrival of bike.
Step #3: As discussed earlier, take the bike’s registration certificate & insurance photo copy alone with you
Step #4: There will be strict inspection of petrol tank of bike before they loaded in the train. So make sure you have least amount of petrol in the bike and empty it during packing.
Step #5: Outside railway transport office, they will be many packers to parcel the bike. Make sure your bike are securely packed by that packer
Step #6: Go to Parcel office, book put a value on your bike. Mention the bike’s engine and chassis number in the parcel form.
Steps to book as Luggage
If you want your bike to be booked as luggage, then follow the steps given below.
Note: If you are booking the bike parcel as luggage, then you must be ready to travel along with the bike in Train. If you are ready then you must book train ticket in online or at railway reservation counters
Step #1: Go to the booking office a day before with all the documents photocopies like insurance, bike registration certificate.
Step #2: Empty the petrol tank of bike and now securely pack the bike with packer.
Step #3: Now book it as luggage; keep the luggage receipt & the endorsement of the train ticket. Make sure you are keep it safe because these two are required to receive the bike parcel
Step #4: Wait for the train. Make sure your bike is getting loaded to the same train. so that the bike will be transported along with you on the same train.
Step #5: After reaching your journey, go to luggage office. Show the original ticket and the luggage endorsement. Navigate to the platform or the train compartment to receive the bike parcel.
Note: Since you are emptying the petrol tank you can’t start the bike. Also you can’t travel with petrol filled in a bottle since it is violation of rules. So make sure your friend is waiting with a bottle of petrol so outside station so that you can take the bike parcel directly to your home.
Tracking Bike Parcel Delivery in luggage office:
Enquire at the luggage office about the delivery of the bike that has been parcelled. You will get the information on the motor bike parcel like when motor cycle has been transported and how long will it take to be delivered ? Also the expected time of delivery of bike parcel
Bike Parcel Charges & bike Transport Charges/Cost:
Rail transport Fess are always cheap when you compared to other mode of transportation. Please find the for bike parcel charges/cost
- Packing / Porter Charges – Rs. 150 to 200 /- . These charges will be needed for both packing and during delivery.
- Total cost to transport bike or to parcel bike through Indian railway trains is calculated based on the distance & the weight of the parcel
- If you need the exact cost then you can check out the below website which will in turn calculate the charges or the cost for the transport
- Insurance charge is based on the value of the bike. Note this cost will be included along with the bike Parcel cost. State the value of the bike as higher because higher the value of bike will get higher insurance fee. Declaration up to Rs.10, 000 don’t have any extra charges. After that the insurance charges will be extra 1% of the declared value
Bike Parcel Transport Rules:
- Make sure to empty the petrol tank of your motorcycle because during inception if they found a bike with fuel in the petrol tank, then they will put fine for Rs.1000 (i.e.) for transporting the bike with petrol. In some cases, the railway police will have rights to put criminal case and there are changes to put to you in prison for a period of 6 months to 2 years
- Suppose if the bike is lost because of train accident etc… then Indian railways will repay as per the declared value of goods
- Make sure you are mentioning the bike engine & chassis number during the parcel form registration
- If you unable to unload & collect the bike from the train at your destination station, then you can again book bike parcel to the nearest major railway station.
Bike Parcel Booking Timings:
|Parcel||10 A.M to 5 P.M|
|Luggage||24 X 7|
We hope this article will be more helpful for you. Feel free to comment us if you have any issues regarding the transporting of bike from one place to another.